Saturday, September 10, 2011


So, my family and I haven't gone grocery shopping for the week yet and I was hungry. And I did what any other hungry person would do I went the fridge and ate what was there...rice. 

Normally when I eat rice I get extremely tired and fall asleep because of the high carb content. But, that didn't happen this time, I didn't get tired at all. Because of this I decided to do some research as to why. Apparently, the rice I had been eating, Botan, is a short grain sticky rice that has a extremely high GI Index number. This rice was a regular white short grain variety and has a medium GI Index number. So, it looks like I'll be adding rice back into the mix, and eating the same thing everyday is getting boring, and I done well with my weight loss so far. 

While I'm be incorporating other non gluten grain into my diet I'm still going to make an effort to stay under 100 grams of carbs per day or under 50 if possible.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finding something new and tasty to add to your mix!

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin