Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Japanese

[via otakulei]

I took Japanese for two years, and I've practically lost everything that I've learned. I can still read hiragana for the most part, but Kanji and Katakana have floated away never to been seen again. 

Then again when I was taking Japanese I was never really good at remembering kanji or katakana.When I look a kanji character I can tell you what to means, but don't ask me to pronounce it, especially if it's combined with another kanji and pronounced as the Chinese version of the word. 

But, I like taking Japanese though. If I could find a class I would take one, but I haven't been able to find one.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's so great to know other languages. Its a unique way of connecting with others! I only kind of know Spanish, so I'm not amount those who get to enjoy the perks of bi/tri/multilingualism! Fun that you got to dabble a bit in Japanese, sounds like you have a pretty good understanding of it. Hope you can keep it up as much as you'd like to. (PS-Want to win a pair of Cents of Style shoes of your choice? Enter on my blog today: www.rubygirlblog.com)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin