Monday, October 24, 2011

What Do You Do When Your God Given Talent Is Not Your Passion?

[via trishalou]

I was listening to Steve Harvey's opening words of wisdom. And he was saying what you do with the least amount of effort is what you should be doing in life. And I understand that to a point. But, what happens when your God given gifts are your passion? Better yet, what if you're not passionate about anything. Or the talents that you have you wouldn't be able to make a living on?

I went to school and majored in Visual Arts (sculpture, painting. ceramics, etc.) But, sadly, most people don't value art unless they are an artist themselves. I don't think that I could make a living doing that. Plus, I do my art for joy. And I think that the joy that I take in painting would diminish if I were doing because I had to and not because I wanted to.

I find the most joy living inside of my own head. When I read interesting ideas and like to sit in a quiet place and think about and all the different possibilities that could exist. I guess that's what philosophers do, though I don't consider myself all that philosophical. But again, in this common era you can't making a living be a philosopher. 

It's confusing because the things that I like aren't particually things that I want to do as a life long journey. I like collecting dolls, but I don't want to make them. I like taking picture and I'm go at it, but I don't want to that for a living. I like painting, and reading, and writing, etc. But they aren't things that I want to dedicate my life to in doing.

The one thing that I do that I could see myself doing int the future is blogging, but not that many people can make a full-time job out of blogging. Though, there are some that make enough to live of off. Perhaps, I should looking into blogging more to see if I something that I could be successful in. For those of you that are like me and still trying to find your place in life, I found a website that list 55 ways for you to find your hidden talent. How To Find Your Hidden Talent.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin