Monday, November 7, 2011

Lower Back Pain

[via bellanino]

I've been suffering from lower back pain since August 2005. I was a Junior in college at a school in New Orleans when Katrina hit. Luckily, I was able to leave with my friend and stay with her family. Unfortunately, it was only a two bedroom apartment. My friends bother and his fiance were in one room and her parents were in the other. So, I, along with my friend slept of the floor for two weeks until I was able to go back home. 

Ever since slept on that floor in 2005 my back has been crap. Most times I have a little twinge, but I can usually go one with my day without pain killers. But, sometimes my back will go out. You never realize how vital your lower back is to your everyday life until it stops working. 

You need your lower back to sit, stand, walk, and reach. And when your lower back it out, sneezing is the last thing that you want to do. Over the years I've found ways to work around when my back goes out. I have to lean to my left side and rest my torso against something solid and push myself up.

And having a spring mattress is not helping with the back issues. I think I'm going to have to invest in a Tempur-pedic bed. I have a Queen now, but that's $1,600 dollars. So,  might have to downgrade to a twin that's only $700.

I took Naproxen this morning, but it didn't do anything. Hopefully, it will be better by this afternoon. If not, I'm staying home and relaxing my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin