Tuesday, November 22, 2011


I have one more work day and then I have a four day weekend. I think I'm going to work on my prayer board for 2012. I know a lot of Christians think that prayer boards are evil because you are asking for material things. But Psalms 37:4 says "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."

I know that the Lord has a plan for each and everyone one us, but at the same time He is our Father and He wants us to happy and abundant. A person can be spiritually fulfilled and have nice things and still be humble, and sadly some people feel that you can't be both. Being humble doesn't not mean destitute. Being humble is not being stressed and worrying all the time.

And there are different ways of being humble. I think one of the ways that we can be humble is overcoming our addictions. I'm not saying you have to be perfect, because that's impossible. But, what I'm saying is if the the Lord sees that you are making an effort though Him to rid yourself of your issues He will show you grace and favor.

I used to be a big gossip. I had to know everyone's information and then I would let others know. At that point and time I felt like I had nothing going on for me. Everyone else had these interesting lives and here I was, just kind of there. Every now and then I will fall, but I get right back to where I need to be. And I've seen a lot of things get better for me. 

For one I'm not stressed anymore because I'm not constantly comparing my life to other people's. I'm not angry anymore and I'm more sympathetic to others feelings, even if I don't understand them all the time. I think humbling yourself is letting go of the things that are harming you and filling those voids with the Lord. And when we delight ourselves in the Lord, going to Him in joy and sorrow, we are rewarded for being obedient. And rewards aren't always physical.A reward could be getting along with someone in the work place that you previously didn't get along with.

At the end of the day, no matter what you do that's visibly to others, the Lord is judging your heart.

1 Corinthians 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin