Monday, January 9, 2012

Paleo Eating: Official Weigh In



As of yesterday, I've been on Paleo for one week. And in that week I lost 8.8lbs. I'm very happy not only with the results, but with the way that I feel as well.

I wake up and I'm not groggy. I haven't had any IBS issues, acid reflux, headaches,  brain fog, getting tired in the middle of the day. It has to be the best thing that I've ever done for myself. And the cooking isn't that bad. While, I'm not the biggest fan of cooking, I'm starting to like it now.

I was doing some calculations and if I lost 13 lbs a month I would be at the weight I want to be by the end of December. I know that losing that for the first few months will be easy because I'm so heavy right now, but the closer I get to goal the weight lose will slow down.

Year after year, since middle school, I made a resolution to lose weight and never did. And looking back it was because I was losing weight to make people like me. But, now, I'm losing weight because I want to, and because I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. And I think that's why this go round has been easy for me.

I even resisted pizza, PIZZA! My all time favorite food. I didn't eat it because I didn't want to jeprodize my weight loss efforts and I didn't want to feel sleepy or have indigestion. And I'm glad that I didn't. I even avoided eating the cookies that my mother made. And I'm usually the one that empties the cookie tin out.

So, this is week two of my Paleo Eating. Right now is the beginning of my intermittent fasting, I IF Monday through Friday; then eat two to three meals on Saturday/Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin