Sunday, February 26, 2012

100 Things Challenge


For those of you who have been following me for a while know that one of my goals in life is to be a minimalist. So, to inspire myself to move forward I've been watching minimalist videos on youtube. And I came across a vlog that discuses the 100 things challenge. Basically, the premise of the challenge is to dwindled all your belonging to 100 items.

I feel inspired to do thing, but I must admit that the thought of it is rather daunting and down right scary. I grew up with a grandmother who is a hoarder. And then my parents on the other hand are not, they throw things out, but I wouldn't consider them minimalist, just neat.

I, unfortunately, picked up my grandmothers habit. I talked about this before, I didn't have a space that I could call my own when I was a child. And I tihnk now somewhere in the back of my mind I use the junk to push people out of my living space because I don't want to share.

Right now, looking around my room I see so many things that I can get rid of, but for some reason I'm finding it difficult to let go. And I'm not really sure what the emotional attachment to any of these things are.There are some things sitting in here that I haven't touch literally in years. And I'm sure I have things that I don't even realize that I own. I think the most overwhelming thing is figuring out where to start. 

I've pulled some books off of my shelf, but I haven't gotten much farther than that.I think that maybe, writing down the things I want to keep will help this seem less daunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin