Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Change In Diet



I've been doing Atkins since June and I've lost 14 lbs. It was 21, but I had a tooth abscess which meant I couldn't chew anything that needed to really be ground up, aka meat, veggie, etc. So, sadly I ended up eating what I could that was soft and didn't require a lot of chewing aka bread.

So I've been on a carb kick for almost two month now. But, I'm finally getting myself back together. I also think  that one of the reason that I didn't jump right back into it was because I was sick and tired of eating meat all the time. I've never been a huge meat fan to begin with, so I think Atkins turned me off to it completely. Plus, when I was younger, between the ages of 0 and 8 I was a vegetarian. Then I started eating meat and heavily sugary processed foods all hell broke lose with my body. And I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome aka PCOS at 17. And I gained weight rapidly, out course this is the worst thing that can happen to a teenager...socially speaking.

The thing is low-carb is great for PCOS and I've lost weight, but eating meat all the time was getting annoying. So, I been doing research, I love research, anyway, I discovered I can do low-carb and be a vegetarian/vegan. Over the course of a couple weeks I've been creating menus on My Fitness Pal to get the correct carbs, fat, protein, etc.



One thing that I know about myself is that I'm not going to do something that isn't readily available. Let's face it, I'm lazy. So, on my search I found Raw Revolution bars. They are all organic and ready to eat. Gluten Free, wheat free, soy free, preservative free, no artificial flavors, dairy free. Everything I'm trying to avoid since I'm learning what my body does and doesn't like. All the reviews that I've read about these bars have been positive, I ordered the Raspberry Chocolate kind. And they should be here on Thursday. And I'll give my review Friday morning, I'm might film a video since I have Monday off for Labor Day.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! Sorry to hear about your tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'm all better now, but at the time...oh no, lol.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin