Monday, October 31, 2011

Tough Love: Miami

[via yaruune]


Okay, so I must admit that Tough Love is one of my favorite shows. I feel that one can learn from others mishaps in dating. But, I had a problem with last night's episode, and here's why.

The theme for last night's show was being too picky when it came to men. Granted some of the things they listed were picky, i.e. no blonds, make more than $100,000, be between 5'10 and 6'. But, there were some things that I agreed with.

One of the contestants, Avonte, listed that she wanted a man that was Christian. Steve told all the Atheist and non-believers to sit down, about a fourth sat down. Now, to me my future spouse not being a Christian would be a deal breaker for me. I can't marry someone who is going to be in constant conflict over what I believe.

My deal breaker:
-non-believer
-smoker
-having children (I don't want a ready made family, or having to compete with the child's mother)
-disrespectful of women
-not an animal person

Having a list of what you want in a partner is a good thing. I refuse to believe that one can be to picky, especially when it comes to personality. There are 6 billion+ people in this world. And someone out there meets my wants and needs. I don't expect something from someone that I'm not willing to myself. I'm a Christian, I don't smoke, I don't have children, I respect women/children/men, and I love animals.

So, tell me friends, what are your deal breakers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin