Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Battlefield of the Mind

[via amazon]

I ended up listening to the audiobook of "Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Meyer. In the audio/book she explains how the Lucifer sends out his minions to seek out those of us who are in a spiritually weakened state. And they use those opportunities to place seeds of doubt, jealousy, and self pity. And it seems that every chapter pertained to me in some way.

She spent a majority of the audio/book explaining the wilderness mentality. This is what keep the Hebrews wandering the desert for 40 years on a trip that should have only taken eleven days. Constantly complaining, self-pity, jealousy, anger, stubbornness, etc. I admit that I'm a complainer and I'm can be impatient; though I've gotten better over the years. Life becomes difficult for us when we don't listen to God, He can't bless us if we are constantly looking behind; or worrying about what He's doing with others. One of the qoute that stuck out most for me was John 21:22

Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me."

Joyce explained this passage as us not worrying about what God is doing with other people. We don't follow man, we follow Him. I think as humans we concern ourselves so much with other peoples affair {gossip} that we don't respond or hear what He is trying to tell us.
This is what I took away from the book. So, I'm make it a conscious effort not to evolve myself in other affairs, unless they ask my advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin