Friday, January 6, 2012

Paleo Eating; Jan 1st - Jan 5

Last night's dinner: 2 salmon steaks w/mild salsa, 5 eggs, 1 cup green bell pepper/mushrooms.


I've been doing intermittent fasting and Paleo this past week. It was one of my goals to lose a majority of the weight that I need to lose if not all of it. 

I tried Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers, Atkins, 5-6 small meals a day. It was all to much, I don't like having to constantly figure out what I'm going to eat, when I'm going to eat it, or eating every three hours.

With intermittent fasting I eat once a day. I know a lot of people thing that's not good, your metabolism with slow down, etc. And that may be true for some people. They say eating constant small meals throughout the day keeps hunger away. But, it just made me hungry all the time. When fasting during the day I start off with a cup of herbal tea and drink water the rest of the day, and I feel perfectly fine. My mind is sharp and clear, and I'm flying through my work, I'm constantly caught up.

And the Paleo food choices are meat, poultry, fish, fruits, veggies, and nuts. Basically, it's eating like out ancestors did. The only thing I don't like about Paleo is all the cooking. Sometimes I just want to grab something on the way home so I don't have to cook, but I know that's not good for me.

Day 1: I was somewhat Paleo for breakfast (Shrimp and mayo/mustard dip), no lunch and dinner of shrimp fried rice and sweet and sour chicken (my body didn't like it.)

Day 2: Again somewhat Paleo. Breakfast was tilapia stewed in diced tomatoes , lunch PBJ snadwich w/orange pop (my body didn't like it.)

Day 3: Drank water all day, went through a pack of gum, had tilapia in stew tomatoes with 4 cups veggies. Day 3 was a stuggle for me because the boss brought in bagels (I love bagels.)

Day 4: Had tea with sugar, big mistake. I was craving sugar all day. My ride was two hours late, so I ended up eating a Snikers bar because it was the lowest carb thing in the vending machine. : (

Day 5: First successful day. Had tea and water during the day. And salmon, eggs, bell peppers and mushrooms for dinner.

 Today is day six and so far I've lost 6.4lbs. I'm going to have another tough day because someone brought in 2 dozen doughnuts. I love them, but they aren't a part of where I want to go with my weight loss. Another thing that so amazing about the weight loss is it's that one week out of the month we suffer. I'll give you guy another weekly update next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin