Friday, February 3, 2012

Most Delicious Breakfast

Morningstar "Sausage", Egg, & Cheese

Normally in the morning I have bananas and water for breakfast. It's to early to make anything more complicated.

Sadly, I ran out of bananas. I went to the store to get some more on my way to work, but I didn't like the way the bananas looked. I remembered that Morningstar made a breakfast  meal and I decided to check it out. When I was vegetarian before I only ate Boca burgers. I was scared to try anything else for fear of it being nasty.I don't know why I waited so long, these things are amazing. The "sausage" crumble is so good, they did a really good job with flavoring. I would say that these are better than the hot pocket ones.

While at the store I picked up some more food for the following week. This is what I got...

4 bags orzo
1 box quinoa
1 small can tomatoe paste
1 small jar sun dried tomatoes
1 bottle of parmesan
chickpeas
mixed veggies
onions
mushrooms
potatoes
vegetable broth


I'm going to go to Sam's Club tomorrow to get some banana and maybe some pears if that have some. Outside of that I plan on making an quinoa soup and orzo salad. And I'm going to roast my chickpeas so I can have some snacks handy.

Originally my plan was to be 100% vegan, but I stayed more on the vegetarian side. It's been five days since I cut out meat. For the first couple of days I was tired, I guess my body had to get used to using carbs a fuel again. But, after that I've been fine. I feel a lot better eating low-fat high-carb diet than when I was doing Atkins or Paleo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin