Monday, September 5, 2011

Minimalism


I must admit that I'm a clutter bug, I have stuff all over my room. And if I don't get myself together now I'm going to end up being like one of those people of Hoarders: Buried Alive, and I don't want that. So, I've been asking the Lord to help me downsize in my life. 

And the word minimalism has kept popping into my head. I decided to look it up and it's exactly what I need in my life. I have a lot of things that I don't need and don't add any value to my life. And I think that it's one of the reasons that I've been in a constant state of being overwhelmed.


So, instead of taking a nap like I had planned I cleaned out one section of my room, the area around my headboard. I threw out two bags worth of garbage and a bag of magazines and it felt good. I'm going on vacation in two weeks time and I should be able to get the rest of my room done during that week because I'll have the place to myself since my parents will be out of town for three days. 



I think that it would be a nice change to come home to room that doesn't have any clutter in it. Plus, switching to a minimalist life style means I would spend less money. And that has been another thing that I've been wanting to work on. This way I'm only spending money on food and other necessities. And that's more money that I can put into saving for moving.

It's strange, I used to be really big into the law of attraction, because it was something that I thought I could us in conjunction with Christianity. But, after doing more research about it, I decided to give it up and strictly rely on God and Jesus to get me though things instead of trying to do it myself. And I started a prayer journal two weeks ago and I've already seen such a huge change in my life. I'm stressing less. I'm not obsessing as much over not having a husband (I still have a ways to go on that), but what I mean is that once I was jealous that some of the blogger that I followed were married. But, now I'm happy when I see their spouses because I know I'll be there one day. So, over all I'm becoming much happier.

2 comments:

  1. I believe there is no greater feeling than organizing a mess! Good luck on your journey to minimalism...in the end it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'm really looking forward to letting go of all these material things. Also, when I move it'll make the trip that much cheaper and easier.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin