Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Dramatic Fantastic


Well, yesterday ended on a really, really good note. 

I have followers who are interested in what I have to say. Which oddly enough reminds me of something that my junior/senior English teacher told me. She said that while I didn't say much, I always wrote the best papers and we able to grab attention with what I had to say. I never tried to talk over someone head to make my self-important. I got straight to the point and readers we able to relate to me. It makes me wonder if I should have majored in creative writing and  looked into writing as a career. 

And while I love writing, I don't think that I could make it a career. I've never been good with pressure of timelines. I do have a book idea floating around in my head. the story is a mix of Harry Potter, Supernatural, and Buffy, but with a Christian spin to it. Perhaps, I should look into writing that book again.

Also, I requested Friday off the have a three day weekend. And my boss was telling me that others had requested time off as well, but he told them no, but he would see what he could do. I offered to stay later on Thursday to make sure all of my work was done. He agreed to it and now I have Friday off.
 
My dad's Christmas present came in the mail intact and in good shape. It's the Cloud 9 CD from the Temptations. He had it as a teenager and let his friend borrow it. And he friend broke the album and didn't tell him. So, my dad decided that he would by himself another one, but he wasn't able to find it. And when I ordered it from Amazon, it took me a whole to find it. But, I think that he will like it.

And during that time he also told me that I'm getting a raise and the raise will take effect on January 1st. It works out to an extra $40 dollars a month, and that can go towards my savings for moving. 
Getting a raise was one of my goals for 2012, and I already got it, so I'm super excited for the other goals I have for 2012. *dances*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin